Sunday, October 24, 2010

Another Must-See at Burn2


Location: sorting & uploading textures to OpenSim
image credit: Miso Susanowa's blog

Today's a busy one for my OpenSim gridnaut, who is working on bulk uploads of textures I made for the House of Usher build.

Since I'll miss the last day at Burn2, I want to thank Deanya Zenfold for this tip. You got a link to Miso's map in my last post, but I'll repeat it here. Get over the the Playa before it all ends! Deanya's advice follows.

Miso Susanowa's House of Cards: The History of the Internet as a house of cards with your sound on! She has been collecting sounds since she was 6 years old, and she has a treasure trove of them at each installation, mind-bogglingly mixed down into compact random-sounding loops. Read about the installation here:



5 comments:

Miso Susanowa said...

ty Iggy for the shoutout and for coming to see and hear House of Cards! I hope my main thought was clear: platforms come and go, but a network is made out of people, not machines or sites :)

Miso Susanowa said...

th again Iggy! wow :)

and the artworks are still on view for the week of Afterburn!

Miso Susanowa said...

btw, I didn't get my flying car either -_- I mean CRIPES! It's 2010 for cryeye!

And I actually pictured myself as a chipper but secretly lonely waitress in a diner on the Moon, serving drinks and ersatz-pastrami sandwiches to rude salarymen and impertinent young entrepreneurs; looking out the porthole windows and dreaming about my one true pilot, who would carry me off to the Oort cloud in some wild scheme to harvest ice from comets.

Iggy O said...

Miso, thanks for all your comments. I will certainlly be by for an Afterburn tour of your build.

BTW, you'd have been a natural in my Space Quest campaign "back in the day." Except that after you'd been out to the Oort Cloud, you'd find that the "one true pilot" was on the run from former members of the secret police he'd ratted out after the fall of the fascist hegemony.

Space Opera demands such outcomes!

Miso Susanowa said...

Well, of course! And he would teach me to pilot, and I'd become an Ace Space Girl, with a small alien shrew-like animal with telepathic powers riding around on my shoulder... Oh, wait; that was a book by Andre Norton I read when I was little :(