Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cloudy Day, Fixed

Location: Hiding in My Fake Office

I was ready to wear Miso Susanowa's head as my avatar, I became so frustrated at being stuck as a cloud.

With both the 1.23 and 2.6 viewers, as well as Imprudence, the forecast remained "mostly cloudy."

My colleague from VWER and moderator-in-training, Grizzla Pixelmaid, gave me a surfer-dude starter avatar. Putting on "Craig" saved me for a moment, even if his smiley gesture messed with my "no perky people" rule.


Soon all was right again with the fake world and I reassembled my usual persona.

Many thanks, Grizzla!

3 comments:

Miso Susanowa said...

hahahaha! omg.

"I wandered lonely as a cloud;
til I came upon this dirty street"

- Emerson by way of Peter Gabriel

Iggy O said...

"some clouds don't some clouds don't some clouds don't have a silver lining"

Fred Frith, by way of punk and post-punk and Brian Eno

Elaine Greywalker said...

I have no light lyrics to share. Stopped by in relief at finding a place to note that sometimes the viewer update makes for rapid rendering and sometimes I get clouds and gray blocks. Results seem to alternate. Although the last two updates have produced consistently slow rez speeds. I've read claims by Linden Labs that browser updates do not affect rendering. Hah!